Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

today i am a quiet observer

today i had my first elementary school observation.  it was so fun.  i observed a class of third graders at an elementary school here on campus.  

there were lots of happy little moments, but my favorite came while the kids were learning spanish.  they learned how to say romance in spanish, and the teacher asked them "what is romance?"  one little boy immediately raised his hand and said, "romance is when two people fall in love and they kiss!"  this was followed by all sorts of moaning and various gagging noises from the rest of the class.  several more students had answers to the question, but my other favorite was, "romance is when you can't stop thinking about someone." my heart melted. 

in other news, i dare you to not burst out in manic fits of laughter at this little treasure.


2 comments:

jessandbryce said...

Haha love it! Kids are so adorable. Once in a primary class I said, "what is the gift you get after you are baptized?" and they were all thinking hard, & this one little four year old boy goes, "i know! a towel!!" haha so cute. But Berlyn I am TOTALLY loving this new blog format! keep it up! :D

Mikell said...

Double dream hands!!! :) Love. And I love those lil kiddies. HI-larious.

Post a Comment